Manager’s Report: December
Friday 3 Dec, 2021
I would like to thank you for continuing your patronage during these uncertain times, it is greatly appreciated by the team and we love seeing and catching up with you so regularly.
Last month we were excited to be able to gain access to the Hornby Club Events Centre on 24 November and are looking forward to having this space used for concerts, events, and member activities before Christmas and into the New Year. Later this month we are really excited to be opening Chalmers Restaurant. This side of Christmas we will be an A La Carte (table service) Restaurant.
We will start our Sunday Buffet Dinners in the New Year once we have had clarity on how this can be achieved within the Orange level of the Traffic Light Framework.
Traffic light system
For clarity and so you are aware in advance of the Traffic Light Framework coming into effect on Friday 3 December below is what we will be doing to check Vaccine Passes:
- On your first visit in December, go to reception and show your membership card and Vaccine Pass
- We will link a note to your membership card so staff will know when you order you are vaccinated
- If this is not done staff will request that you go to reception and have it linked
- This is available any time from 1 December
Van Pick Ups:
- Our van driver phones have the scanner app on them
- Our drivers will scan your pass on pick up
Affiliated Club Members:
- At entry and each purchase affiliated members will need to show their vaccine pass
- A vaccine pass will need to be sighted upon entering the Club
- The printed guest passes will need to be stamped by the door person or reception
Facemasks will be required while moving about the Club. All staff will need to wear facemasks when serving members and guests.
Pool and Gaming areas:
- Drinks will be allowed back in these areas
- While playing machines facemasks will not be necessary
- While playing Pool facemasks will not be required
- Outside of these exceptions Facemasks are required when moving about in
the public areas of the Club
Vaccination pass assistance
- 12-3pm Wednesday, Thursday and Friday until 18 December at Hornby Club
- Kristin will be available in the temporary office to assist you in setting up your Vaccine Pass at the old office. Please bring:
- Driver Licence / Or similar ID
- Your NHI number (ADB1234) – This will be on a prescription receipt, hospital letter or prescription medicine bottle
- Other local places to attain assistance for getting your Vaccine Pass or Vaccination itself include
- The Life Pharmacy in The Hub / Hornby Mall
- Te Ouawaitanga Ki Otautahi Trust – 153 Gilberthorpes Road
Thanks all and a Merry Christmas to our hard-working Hornby Club team, Board and our fantastic members.